100mphClub.com

Member Garage

msd nightmare

Endless answers to those cubic questions.

msd nightmare

Postby Mikek » October 20th, 2012, 3:00 pm

I been working on my mustang alot latly. I am having a problem wiht my msd box I think. I replaced with all msd cap rotor plug wires and coil. the problem is that with the box hooked up it spits and spudders and loads up real badly. then you unhook it and it runs better at low rpm but has a miss above 4k. its almost like its fighting itself. def runs better with box on when you can clean it out. i got a lean left bank and rich right bank code. going to buy 2 new o2sensors tonight and hopfully get my wideband bung welded in this weekend also. any suggestions would be helpful.
Mikek

Re: msd nightmare

Postby squeak » October 20th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Bad box would be my guess. they are notorious for that
squeak
TuTu, Destroyer of Shifters and Stools

Re: msd nightmare

Postby gcomfx » October 20th, 2012, 8:16 pm

You might double check your grounds, but to be honest mine (used box) did a similar deal. Ended up going back to stock EFI and just kept the dizzy, cap, and coil. Tightened the gap on my plugs and have been fine ever since ignition wise.
Paul (gcomfx) - 100mphclub.com originator
94 Mustang GT AODE, 331 - Trickflow Track heat H/C/I, Stage 2 cam, 3200 Street Edge Converter, 3.55s, 90mm LMAF, 42lbers, 75mm TB, MagnaFlow mufflers, O/R h-pipe, SCT chip, Eibach drag springs, 255lph fuel pump
12.31 @ 110
gcomfx
Site Admin

Return to Engine